You Won't Believe What 'The Wire' Star Lance Reddick Did Before He Was Famous
- He was a Broadway dancer - Before he became a household name for his roles in 'The Wire' and 'Fringe', Reddick was a professional dancer on Broadway. He appeared in the original Broadway production of 'The Wiz' and 'Dreamgirls'.
- He was a backup singer for Madonna - Reddick had the opportunity to be a backup singer for Madonna during her 'Who's That Girl' tour. He was one of the 'boy toys' that performed alongside her.
- He was a model - Reddick was a model for the prestigious Wilhelmina Modeling Agency in New York City. He appeared in numerous print and television ads.
- He was a jazz musician - Reddick was a professional jazz musician in New York City before he was an actor. He performed with jazz greats like Wynton Marsalis, Branford Marsalis, and McCoy Tyner.
- He was a teacher - Reddick taught music classes at the LaGuardia High School of Music and Art and Performing Arts in New York City. He was also a music director for the school's jazz band.
Category: Deaths | Topic: Lance Reddick | @Wikipedia
10 Reasons Why the World Baseball Classic Is the Best Sporting Event Ever!
- International Competition - The World Baseball Classic is the only event that brings together the best players from the top teams around the world. Fans get the chance to watch their favorite players compete against each other in a truly global competition.
- Unique Rules - The rules of the WBC are unique and add an extra level of excitement to the game. The tournament is played in a round-robin format with a knockout stage at the end, and teams are allowed to use designated hitters and pitch out of the bullpen.
- High Stakes - The winner of the WBC is crowned the “World Baseball Champion,” and the tournament is taken very seriously by teams and fans alike. This creates a high-pressure atmosphere that makes for an exciting and intense competition.
- History - The WBC has been around for over a decade and has become a beloved tradition for baseball fans. The event has only grown in popularity since its inception, and it shows no signs of slowing down.
- Great Venues - The WBC is held in some of the best stadiums in the world. These stadiums provide a great atmosphere for fans and players alike, and they help create an unforgettable experience for everyone involved.
- Exciting Games - The games of the WBC are always exciting and unpredictable. With the best players competing against each other, the games often come down to the wire and have fans on the edge of their seats.
- Major League Talent - The WBC features some of the best players in Major League Baseball. Seeing these players compete against each other in an international competition is a real treat for baseball fans.
- Unique Culture - The WBC has a unique culture that isn’t found in any other sporting event. Players and fans from all over the world come together to celebrate their love of the game, and this creates an atmosphere that is truly special.
- Unique Uniforms - The teams of the WBC all wear unique and colorful uniforms that add to the excitement of the event. These uniforms help create an atmosphere that is unlike any other sporting event.
- Worldwide Support - The WBC has gained worldwide support from fans and players alike. This support has helped to make the tournament one of the most popular sporting events in the world.
Category: Sports | Topic: World Baseball Classic | @Wikipedia
This Regional Snowfall Index Is All You Need To Know For Your Winter Weather Predictions
- Atlantic Coast - The Atlantic Coast typically experiences milder temperatures and lighter snowfall than the rest of the country. Snowfall totals in this region are generally lower than anywhere else, with an average of just 8 inches per year.
- Great Lakes Region - The Great Lakes Region is known for its heavy snowfall, with an average of over 25 inches of snow per year. This region is often hit with major snowstorms and blizzards, so be sure to bundle up when heading out for the day.
- Midwest - The Midwest is known for its unpredictable winter weather, with snowfall totals ranging from light dustings to major snowstorms. The average snowfall in this region is around 20 inches per year.
- Rocky Mountain Region - The Rocky Mountain Region is known for its heavy snowfall, with an average of over 50 inches of snow per year. This region is often hit with major snowstorms and blizzards, so be sure to bundle up when heading out for the day.
- Northeast - The Northeast is the snowiest region in the country, with an average of over 50 inches of snow per year. This region is known for its heavy snowstorms and blizzards, so be sure to bundle up when heading out for the day.
- Pacific Northwest - The Pacific Northwest is known for its mild winters and light snowfall, with an average of just 10 inches of snow per year. This region is often hit with light snow showers, so be sure to bundle up when heading out for the day.
Category: Interesting | Topic: Regional Snowfall Index | @Wikipedia
This Regional Snowfall Index Will Blow Your Mind - Winter Has Never Looked So Good!
- The Pacific Northwest - The Pacific Northwest is well-known for its wet and rainy winters, but it can also get plenty of snow. The Cascade mountain range and its surrounding areas are known for their heavy snowfall, sometimes up to several feet.
- The Great Lakes - The Great Lakes region is one of the snowiest places in the United States. The lakes’ proximity to the ocean and the varying temperatures of the lakes can create huge snowstorms, sometimes dumping two feet of snow in a single day.
- The Rocky Mountains - The Rocky Mountains are known for their heavy snowfall, especially in the winter months. The mountains are high enough that they often get more snow than the surrounding areas, making them a great place for skiing and snowboarding.
- The Northeast - The Northeast is one of the snowiest regions in the United States, with some areas getting up to five feet of snow in a single storm. The region is also known for its icy temperatures during the winter months, making it a great place for snow sports.
- The Midwest - The Midwest is a great place for winter sports, with plenty of snowfall in the winter months. The region is known for its cold temperatures, but also for its milder winters, making it a great place for skiing and snowboarding.
- The Southeast - The Southeast is not known as a snow destination, but it can get plenty of snow in the winter months. The Appalachian Mountains are known for their heavy snowfall, and some areas can get up to two feet of snow in a single storm.
Category: Interesting | Topic: Regional Snowfall Index | @Wikipedia
How Bobby Caldwell's 'What You Won't Do For Love' Became an 80s Classic
- The Song Was Written in 1978 - The song was written by Bobby Caldwell and Alfons Kettner in 1978 and was released in the same year. It was initially released as a single and later included on Caldwell's self-titled debut album.
- It Was an Instant Hit - The single became an instant hit, reaching the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the top 5 on the R&B charts. It also sold over a million copies, making it one of the biggest selling singles of the decade.
- The Song Was Covered by Numerous Artists - The song was covered by numerous artists, including Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, and Al Jarreau. It was also used in several movies and TV shows, such as The Big Chill, Miami Vice, and The Wonder Years.
- It Was Re-released in the 80s - The song was re-released in the 80s and was featured on the soundtrack of the movie The Breakfast Club. This re-release helped to make the song an even bigger hit and cement its status as an 80s classic.
- It Still Remains Popular - The song still remains popular today, with its iconic bass line and catchy melody. It has been sampled and covered by numerous artists and is considered one of the most iconic songs of the 80s.
Category: Deaths | Topic: Bobby Caldwell | @Wikipedia